In order to better control the rising cost of garbage collection and provide a cleaner, safer, and more efficient method of waste collection for you and the City’s sanitation workers, Ardmore implemented an automated waste collection program. This system saves the City a substantial amount of money and greatly reduces worker injuries.
As part of this program, Ardmore will supply you with a lightweight, curbside cart which is serial numbered and registered to your address. Please record your cart’s serial number in case it is damaged or stolen. The containers eliminate the expense of cans for residents and improve the appearance of the neighborhoods. Please use this cart for all household trash. Your garbage will be picked up once a week.
- Put polycart out no later than 7:00 AM on your designated collection day
- Place polycart NO further than three feet away from the street
- Place polycart with the lid opening facing the street - handle should face the house
- Polycarts should be set away from mailboxes, cars, trees and any other obstructions
- Two or more polycarts at a residence/business should be placed at least two feet apart
- Lids on polycarts need to be closed with no trash sticking out and no trash placed on lids
- Brush, boards, metal or any other non-household waste should NOT be placed in polycarts
- Do NOT fill cart with hazardous waste such as acids, chemicals, hot ashes or unbagged animal waste
- City provided polycarts ONLY. Extra cans or bags will be left at the curb.
- Remove the polycart from the curbside at the end of your collection day
- Carts should be rinsed out occasionally to avoid offensive odors
|PolyCart (Commercial)||$25.83 each, per month|
|Add’l PolyCart (Commercial)||$26.96 each, per month|
|PolyCart (Residential)||$12.21 each, per month|
|Add’l PolyCart (Residential)||$12.74 each, per month|
|Operation Pride (Residential Only)||$3.64 per month|
Additional Services Offered:
Yard Waste Day:
Grass trimmings and leaves placed in heavy duty lawn bags, not weighing over 25 lbs. each, are picked up on Wednesday of each week (up to ten bags collected at no charge - $.50 per bag over ten). In addition to leaves and grass, we collect tree limbs or shrubs that are not over four feet in length and tied into bundles not more than two inches in diameter, not weighing over 25 lbs. (LIMIT 2). Call 226-8855 for a yard waste collection. Cut off time for appointments is 3:30 PM on Tuesday evening.
Special accommodations are made where no one in the household is physically able to roll the polycart to the curb. To make arrangements, please call 226-8855.
Take a look at the 2021 Holiday Trash Schedule